View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Honestly, comparing the two bands, Maiden could take a lesson or two from Metallica in regards to setlists, with both new and old stuff. Metallica, rather than dumping the entire album on fans (at fitting move to Lars's ego if there ever was one) decided to pick 6 songs they would like playing the most. Then wait around to see what new and old songs fans wanted to hear. Sure enough, a month or two down the road they got All Nightmare Long, My Apocalypse, Fight Fire With Fire, Trapped Under Ice and a shit ton of others.

If that were Maiden, they'd have to do a big tour announcement for each song (remember that "A Matter Of Life and Beast" tour and all they did was drop a few AMOLAD songs and bring out Children Of The Damned and Run To The Hills? Fucking bullshit!)

How awesome would it have been if one night of the AMOLAD tour looked like this:

Different World
These Colors Don't Run
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Killers
The Trooper
The Number Of The Beast
For The Greater Good Of God
The Evil That Men Do
The Longest Day
Wasted Years
The Reincarnation of Ben Breeg
The Clairvoyant
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
==========
Aces High
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary

...and another night looked like this?

Caught Somewhere In Time
These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
The Pilgrim
The Trooper
The Number Of The Beast
Wrathchild
Out Of The Shadows
Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
Run To The Hills
Lord Of Light
The Reincarnation Of Ben Breeg
Alexander The Great
2 Minutes To Midnight
Iron Maiden
=============
Be Quick or Be Dead
Running Free
Hallowed Be Thy Name

I'll tell you exactly what would happen. Everybody would be happy. The people who wanted to hear most of the new album would be happy, the people who wanted to hear the classics would be happy, and the people who wanted to hear rare stuff would be happy.

(and best of all, neither of the setlists look like something Lauren Harris puked up after a night of underage binge drinking!)

Last edited by JRA; 04-03-2009 at 01:02 PM.