View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 11:34 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Good first review, I thought I would be the first one to review it since I had heard 3 of the songs about 6 months ago, and the complete album minus the last track for the past month, but you summed it up pretty well there.
I liked the instrumental outros for the most part, though.

I'm somewhat of a Mastodon fanboy, but every now and then some of their lyrics still make me want to cringe (By the light of the moon/you must escape into the deep black hole of the night/fight the devil inside/enemies poison deep within my second sight/wasting valuable time).
They're trying to pass off that the story is about a paraplegic boy, but it's pretty clear to everybody in this point who it is supposed to be centered on. Once again, there are plenty of holes in the plot that can only be filled by mushrooms or bong resin.
Any ranking of their albums isn't a judgment of quality as much as an order of personal style preference.
For anyone that doesn't know, Brann, Bill and Troy were writing at the same time Brent was, and they have almost a whole album worth of material that they described as the heaviest they have ever written.
Any ranking of their albums isn't a judgment of quality as much as an order of personal style preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
I'm talking about my life, I can't seem to get that through to you. I'm not just talking about one person, I'm talking about everybody! I'm talking about form, I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the Devil, Hell, Heaven!

Do you understand!?! Finally?!?!
That was the best one lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
For people craving the Remission/Leviathan sound in an album seriously check out the new Kylesa one Static Tensions.
I don't think it strikes the same chord, but it is one hell of an album. To me it can be described as High on Fire if you replaced their Motorhead element with hardcore punk.

Last edited by TonyD; 03-27-2009 at 11:43 PM.