View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 06:25 AM
In Search of Truth

Necromance -- Allentown, PA -- January 30th, 2009

Well last night was by far the most fun I've ever had with my band. To celebrate the end of the recording process of our CD and kick of 2009 with a band, we welcomed back our ex second guitarist for one special show. The band supposed to play before us canceled, and the venue actually asked us to play two 40 minute sets with a half-hour break.
The plan for the show originally was to perform an all-Iron Maiden tribute set, but since we get the extra set, we decided to start off with a set of our own stuff, joined by our ex-guitarist on the final two tracks. That was a blast, and for not rehearsing it sounded tight as hell.
Then after a much needed break, we returned to the stage to prepare for the Maiden set. We draped our poster flags over our amps, hung a Union Jack flag on the drum kit which was specially set up to look like Nicko's, and I put on all of my Maiden gear.
All I can say is holy shit. Fortunately we had the best turnout we've had in at least a year and 4 months, the room was actually pretty filled, and there were a bunch of die-hard Maiden fans who came specifically for the event. We had an absolute blast and things actually seemed to sound quite good. I can't explain how much fun I had, easily one of the most memorable nights I've ever had doing this.
And fortunately we got the whole thing on video!

Set 1:
1.Stand Up and Fight
2.The Game
3.This Holy War
4.Strange Wings (Savatage)
5.The End of Our Days
6.Never Look Back (w/ John Wesolowski)
7.Destiny Calls (w/ John Wesolowski)

Set 2: (Maiden set)
0.Intro (Mars: The Bringer of War)
1.Different World
2.2 Minutes to Midnight