Old 01-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Voodoo Child

Slipknot -- St. Paul, MN -- January 23rd, 2009

Tour: All Hope is Gone Tour 2009
Headliner: Slipknot
Support: Trivium, Coheed and Cambria
Venue: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN
Date: January 23, 2009

What an awesome show! I haven't caught these guys in a few years and was very pleased that one of my 10-year-old sons brought up the idea of going. We picked up some last minute tickets (which were awesome) and spent another great evening at the Xcel Energy Center.

This was the first date of Slipknot's All hope is Gone Tour. The crowd was great and the band did not disappoint. Trivium started the show and actually tore it up! We sat through their entire set and loved it. Coheed and Cambria was next. We listened to their first song, had enough of that, then went for a nice walk around the Xcel Energy Center, bought a shirt, and waited for Slipknot.

My son was given a set list by one of the security guards on the way to the men's room (this was during Slipknot's set). He saw us walk, then stop to listen to what song was just beginning. He walked up to us and I told him that we had to hear what was playing before we ran into the bathroom. He smiled, pulled out a set list, and handed it to my son. His first one!

Catch this tour!

Slipknot Set List:

Intro/(Sic) Intro
(Sic)
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
Me Inside
Before I Forget
Dead Memories
Left Behind
The Blister Exists
Frail Limb Nursery
Purity
Everything Ends
Psychosocial
Duality
People = Shit

Surfacing
Spit it Out

Last edited by jeremysaal; 01-26-2009 at 12:52 PM.