View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Large Marge sent me.

Kreator-Hordes of Chaos

Kreator have spent most of the new millennium giving the fans what they wanted and made their comeback with 'Violent Revolution' (2001) and 'Enemy of God' (2005) which were the first two in the hat trick string that would soon be 'Hordes of Chaos' and even though the aforementioned albums in the new millennium pleased a lot of Kreator fans. The only gripe was that things became a bit on the money or had sterile production, even. I have listened to this album a lot since SPV sent it to the radio station I am apart of and well, things sound different but good from the title track, " Hordes of Chaos (A Necrologue for the Elite)". What made the album interesting to listen to that the basic tracks were recorded live together and it shows a lot through out the album because what you hear on the album is what you are going to see live on stage. There is a nice mix of faster thrash musically and those must have, mid-speed headbangers that Kreator does an amazing job at. You should let this limited pressing sink in a bit before you go around screaming, "the best Kreator album since 'Coma of Souls'!". 'Hordes of Chaos' offers nothing but plain ambition that, catchy and solid songwriting, classic riffs, and live energy of 'Hordes of Chaos' make it an instant classic, a not so arguable high point in the band's catalog. Even though it's the beggining of 2009. Kreator has set the bar for the Best Metal Album of 2009 pretty damn high!

Last edited by Electric/Funeral55; 01-19-2009 at 11:38 PM.