View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Beware; I am a threadkiller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayman01
Heck, I'm 35 so I must be a Metal Guru

I'm not really sure what "knowing metal" means, but I know I've certainly experienced more than a 16 year old and I've got a greater understanding of how the metal scene has developed and progressed throughout the years. I've been listening to metal since 1987. Before I even graduated High School I had seen Sepultura w/ Max, Slayer, Anthrax, DRI, Nuclear Assualt, Kreator, Napalm Death, Death, Carcass, Morbid Angel, Sacred Reich, Ministry, Biohazard, Cro-Mags, Overkill, Helmet among many others.

I'm certainly not a metal expert, and music is all about what you like anyway. I do find it amusing though going to shows and standing next to kid who could literally be MY kid

Anyway, that In Flames set is pretty sweet...and I'm still psyched to see them next Friday!

It's going to be mint!
Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuuKun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Enigma Lake
Always a good laugh seeing these pre-19 year olds think they know metal
I really, really hate generalizations like that. I'm 16. What does age have to do with anything?
Enigma Lake, have you recently aged out of pre-19 yr olds? or has it been a while? if so, you better get to wastin' what's left of your youth...

Last edited by Sinfulsot; 11-22-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: to blather on some more...