View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 01:30 PM
In Search of Truth

Jon Oliva's Pain -- New Port Richey, FL -- September 20th, 2008

Set lists courtesy of SpiralSlave, who was at the show. He wasn't able to get on to do it so I'm just putting it up in case anyone besides me really wanted to see it.

Circle II Circle
1.All That Remains
2.Sea of White
3.Waiting
4.So Many Reasons
Drum Solo
5.Heal You
6.Echoes
7.Soulbreaker
8.Chase the Lies
9.Messiah
10.Revelations
11.Turns to Me (Savatage)
12.Nothin' Going On (Savatage)
13.Taunting Cobras (Savatage)\

Jon Oliva's Pain
1.Sirens (Savatage)
2.Adding the Cost
3.Global Warning
4.Hounds (Savatage)
5.Jesus Saves (Savatage)
6.Tonight He Grins Again (Savatage)
7.Firefly
8.Maniacal Renderings
9.Gutter Ballet (Savatage)
10.Walk Upon the Water
11.Edge of Thorns (Savatage) (with Zak Stevens)
12.All That I Bleed (Savatage) (with Zak Stevens)
13.Chance (Savatage) (with Zak Stevens)
14.Somewhere In Time (Savatage)
15.Believe (Savatage)
Encore:
16.When the Crowds are Gone (Savatage)
17.Hall of the Mountain King (Savatage)

Personally I'm very disappointed by Circle II Circle's set list. I think Soulbreaker and Chase the Lies simply shouldn't have been played and could've been replaced by any other new songs. Messiah could've been replaced by any other Burden of Truth song also, ditto with Sea of White and almost any other Watching in Silence song. And the icing on the shitty cake was that Nothin' Goin' On was played... Are you serious? It's easily one of the weakest tracks Zak ever did with Savatage. To think Follow Me could've been done instead makes me quite upset. I hope this set list changes considerably between now and October 8th.
As for Jon Oliva's Pain's set, I am much more satisfied. I could've done with less stuff from the new album, or even different stuff (Before I Hang mainly), but it's not a big deal. I was also upset that they didn't do Gutter Ballet with Zak. I consider that a wasted opportunity. Aside from that I'm happy and hope this set list generally sticks.