View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 09:29 AM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Not alone, because clearly a lot of people went the same way. But not me. I like St Anger. A lot. And Load. ReLoad is a weaker version of Load, but still not bad.

People who listened to those albums and just don't like them, fine. But I know that's not the case for a lot of people. All the ones who stopped listening to them because they made a video for 'One'. All the ones that stopped listening because they stopped making thrash metal for a while. All the ones who just jump on board and bash them becaue it seems to be the cool thing to do to prove you know something about metal (not exclusive to Metallica, bashing the popular thing is a way to prove your own knowledge across the board).

For me I just listen to the new music and decide on an album by album basis whether or not I like it. I don't dismiss a record because of the name on the front. Yes, if I liked a band's last album I'm more likely to make an effort to hear the new one compared to a band I previously didn't enjoy, but I will try new efforts by bands I don't like, in case they have changed something. I like finding new music. I certainly don't want to hear the same thing all the time and just stick to the little circle of bands I already know I like and won't let me down. Else I'd be a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan or something.
I actually really agree with a lot of what you're saying. Somehow I still just don't really care much about Metallica. It's weird, and I can't explain it.