Thread: The Dark Knight
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 12:12 AM
MY LEG!!

The Dark Knight

Just got back from the midnight release .... oh my fucking god.

We got there around 11 and there was the biggest line I'd ever seen for a movie in my whole life. The line went around the entire perimeter of the theater and well into the parking lot, and it's a 16-theater building.

Anyway, we get in and it was all-out mayhem. 10 of the theaters were showing the movie, and basically instead of going to where their ticket said, everyone just rushed any theater. We looked through 6 of the theaters before we found seats, and they were in the second row from the front, which kinda sucked. But that doesnt matter, because the movie itself was absolutely in-fucking-credible.

Christian Bale played a very good Batman and Bruce Wayne. Calm, cool, and collected as Bruce, and badass as Batman. This leads us to Heath Ledger. Now, god rest his soul, but going into this movie, hearing reviews that say "Ledger deserves an Oscar for his role." and so on, I kinda felt that they were overplaying it because of his unfortunate demise. Well, after leaving that theater, I was singing a different toon. Ledger's grasp of the Joker was incredible. He was eerie, creepy, dark, and even scary throughout the whole movie, and he did an amazing job.

*Semi Spoiler*

Now, because of all the media attention over Ledger's death and hype about his role as the joker, many people overlooked Aaron Eckhart's role as Harvey Dent, a.k.a. Two-Face. Now, I've never seen any other of Eckhart's movies, heck, I'd never even heard of him, but he too played his part in the movie very well.

Overall, I can say that this is easily the best movie I've seen this year and it will definately be one of the more remembered movies of our time. 10/10