View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 10:16 AM
N00B

Dethklok -- Philadelphia, PA -- June 27th, 2008

Missed Soilent Green due to tailgating, so I can't comment on them.

Arrived in the middle of Chimaira's set. I wasn't really into them, but they played well. From what I've heard (which isn't much), I thought they sounded better live than on their albums. According to their website the setlist was:

Pure Hatred
The Flame
Nothing Remains
Worthless
No Reason To Live
The Dehumanizing Process
Salvation
Power Trip
Resurrection

And finally, Dethklok! Their setlist was:

Deththeme
Briefcase Full Of Guts
Birthday Dethday
Awaken
Bloodtrocuted
Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Dethharmonic
Castratikron
Go Forth And Die
Hatredcopter
Murmaider
Thunderhorse
------Encore------
Go Into The Water
Fansong

Rather than attempt to describe the show, I'll link you over to the review of the LA show since that guy already wrote a good description.

I will say though that this was one of the tamer audiences I've seen at a metal concert, especially a death metal concert. I guess it's not all that surprising since Dethklok isn't your typical metal band. Also, when I say "tame" I don't mean that the crowd wasn't into the band, because they were. People were yelling, headbanging, and pumping their fists as per usual. But there was not much pushing/shoving outside of the moshpit. During Dethklok's set my friends and I got all the way up to the barricade with almost no effort.

Also, there were a lot of younger kids at the show, and a lot of girls too. Very promising for metal.