View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 AM
In Search of Truth

Stratovarius Is "No More"

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=94051

Not really sure what to make of this. Stratovarius were the first power metal band I ever liked... been listening to them for about 4 and a half years now or something... definitely among the most influential bands to my musical explorations since I heard them.
I don't know if anyone remembers, but back in 2004 this happened before to a lesser extent, but the band "made up" and released another album in the fall of 2005. Somehow I actually feel this is for real, and for the first time in my life, I actually really believe what Tolkki is saying and in a sense sympathize with his situation.
I must say I really appreciate the way he's going about this though. I like that he's choosing to "dissolve" Strato rather than simply replacing all the guys and just start over with the same name.
And lastly, I actually am very excited to hear what comes of this new project. Guest vocalists like Tobias Sammet, Michael Kiske, and Pasi Rantainen should make this at least a quality project, not to mention Timo seems very adamant about making sure this lives up to the style of great Stratovarius.