View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Can I ask that whoever stops changing my thread titles to "UK" instead of "England". We are separate countries, not different states of the same country. The UK is a union of countries under the same sovereignity.
Originally Posted by sneakbobcat View Post
We should settle for:
London, England, UK
Manchester, England, UK

Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
I suppose, technically, yes. But just "UK" isn't correct.
I've been changing it. I'm the one that largely keeps consistency on the thread titles as they come into metalsetlists. A long time ago, I made the following decision to standardize set list titles as such:

For US: band -- city, state abbr -- month nnxx, yyyy
For Non-US: band -- city, country_name -- month nnxx, yyyy

For country name, I usually take guidance from how a country is represented in the United Nations. England may be a separate country in a union of countries but Great Britain / UK is the one with the mission at the UN and a seat on the Security Council. The membership is listed at "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". See

We have similiar issues with shows in Canada and Spain. Take Spain for example. We have a couple of people who post reports for gigs in Basque Country. I usually change their country_name's to Spain for the same reason as I change England to UK. We're not trying to get into pissing contests, just trying to keep it simple.
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.

Last edited by hot_turkey_ed; 03-26-2008 at 01:21 PM.