View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Before you kill me, I am planning on going to the Ohio show, but seriously... what is the deal with these constant greatest hits releases!?
This is the deal:

In an unprecedented move to let younger fans hear, understand and appreciate the quality of these recordings EMI launch the unique SOMEWHERE BEST IN SOUND whereby the curious/adventurous can download the entire album without charge from as a high quality audio file (WMA) which is a typically powerful 320 kbps. Fans will then be able to listen to the entire album at their leisure three times before the download expires. The listener is then given a simple option to upgrade and purchase the album as a full traditional DRM-free download (so they can then copy or do as they like with the album).

I don't their like their choice in DRM (wma) because I'm an OS X guy that loves iTunes. That said, this is a better strategy for fan and label than forcing kids to listen to crappy myspace cuts, assuming said fans aren't into hooliganism.
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.