View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
Before you kill me, I am planning on going to the Ohio show, but seriously... what is the deal with these constant greatest hits releases!?
This is the deal:

In an unprecedented move to let younger fans hear, understand and appreciate the quality of these recordings EMI launch the unique SOMEWHERE BEST IN SOUND whereby the curious/adventurous can download the entire album without charge from www.ironmaiden.com as a high quality audio file (WMA) which is a typically powerful 320 kbps. Fans will then be able to listen to the entire album at their leisure three times before the download expires. The listener is then given a simple option to upgrade and purchase the album as a full traditional DRM-free download (so they can then copy or do as they like with the album).

I don't their like their choice in DRM (wma) because I'm an OS X guy that loves iTunes. That said, this is a better strategy for fan and label than forcing kids to listen to crappy myspace cuts, assuming said fans aren't into hooliganism.