View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 12:07 AM
MY LEG!!

Iron Maiden -- East Rutherford, NJ -- March 14th, 2008

My my my, what can I say. Flawless show. Went there with Brady (Overkiller), Mike (Div), and our friend Matt. We met up with a bunch of my other friends from school and other various places we know people from. The four of us got there around 4 and we hung out for a while. We got mad hungry, called up a pizza place in the area, and had a pizza delivered to us in the parking lot. By that time a bunch of our other friends showed up, and we basically all hung out, blared metal, and ate food. It was a good time.

7:30 rolls around and we head inside. Come 8 o'clock, Lauren Harris hits the stage with her band. While the music is not really my cup of tea, I wasn't complaining. It was alright. She takes off around 8:40, and tons of "MAIDEN! MAIDEN!" chants start going. Eddie Trunk comes and stage and talks for a minute as he always does at concerts around here.

9 o'clock. Doctor Doctor starts playing, the audience goes insane. After that, there was a Maiden clip show in the screens with Transylvania playing. Then comes Churchill's Speech plays over the speakers and the place really goes nuts. Maiden get on the stage and completely blow the roof of the place. The sound set-up was awesome, everything was very clear and well mixed. Bruce sounded fucking amazing as ever, and the band was really tight. Tons of pyrotechnics, sparks shooting everywhere, and fog covering the stage during the slow part of Rime. I got my camera ready to take video during Moonchild, and it was going well until after the first solo when the memory card filled up and stopped filming. What I did get though sounds and looks really good. You can see it at the bottom.

The setlist was the same, no order change or anything.

1. Aces High
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. Revelations
4. The Trooper
5. Wasted Years
6. The Number of the Beast
7. Can I Play With Madness
8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
9. Powerslave
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Run to the Hills
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
14. Moonchild
15. The Clairvoyant
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Picture time!

Div, Matt, Overkiller
Pizza's here!
Pizza rules
Tailgating
Me and Div
Div, myself, Matt, Overkiller, Artie, Artie's girlfriend
Maiden
The Trooper
Pyro
More Pyro
And some more
Maiden
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
More Rime
Maiden
Sparky
Eddie!
Eddie again!

Moonchild video. (My voice was so shot by this point, I sound like a retard when speaking the spoke intro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnIw52lgTQQ

Last edited by SirLardsAlot; 03-15-2008 at 08:13 AM.