View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

NILE Going After Digital Cameras + Phones To Prevent Video Bootlegs

Source: Official Nile Forum

A long story made short: a fan posted about his camera getting taken away, thinking as he wasn't video taping it was all good. Nile is enforcing a no digital camera to prevent people from firing up video of their concerts on youtube or selling bootlegs. This is a Nile policy, not a venue policy. Both Karl Sanders (very cool that he posts on the official site) and their tour manager respond to the issue. A fan post reflected my own thoughts: "Nile doesn't have a DVD out so why care about some super-low-quality YouTube clips? I don't get it." Personally, I would think they could use the exposure. I also respect their art. But damn it, as a fan, I think it kind of sucks. Their tour manager stated this as the policy moving forward:

"NO DIGITAL CAMERAS AND NO SHOOTING WITH YOUR PHONE!!! THEY WILL BE TAKEN AWAY IF THEY ARE BEING USED!!

Disposable and other FILM cameras will be allowed in. And those can be used as much as you'd like."

It's kind of ironic that this was posted in their concert photos section.

What do you all think?

Last edited by hot_turkey_ed; 03-13-2008 at 09:08 PM.