Hmmm. In my own (actually) professional opinion:
1. Fair enough. It's a great album. It made my top ten. Not number one, but certainly the most widely appreciated album on these boards, so a deserving winner.
2. Good album. Continues a trend of decent PT albums, but there were better prog albums this year.
3. No comment.
4. Good, solid album. Not exactly ground breaking, but steers well clear of boring as well.
5. Great band. Their most boring and unimaginative album. Doesn't deserve it just because they can do 100 times better. And why doesn't it get a cover?
6. Way better than Octatedium but not a top ten album.
7. Terrible. If pushing the envelope is one extreme, this is folding up in the corner, probably not even being noticed and getting thrown in the trash by mistake.
8. Never understood it. Never will. Not commenting.
9. Only decent album they've ever made. Contains my personal track of the year (Poet And The Pendulum) but not a top ten album. Wish he'd stick to making Tarot albums, to be honest.
10. About as good as death metal gets (without being Opeth anyway), and comfortably their best effort, but too one-dimensional to be a top ten album.
18/12 Black Sabbath
14/1 Iced Earth
18/1 Lamb of God
Last edited by ravenheart; 01-15-2008 at 06:08 PM.