View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 02:43 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller View Post
90. Clutch - From Beale St. to Oblivion
Lazy? Boring? Get a clue dude. This album fucking grooves majorly.

Quote:
88. Paradise Lost - In Requiem
Agreed.

Quote:
87. Vital Remains - Icons of Evil
Yeah there were actually a few surprisingly kickass moments, but overall very bland, like most death metal I heard this year.

Quote:
85. Alabama Thunderpussy - Open Fire
Garbage assessment. There's only one song that has the "Confederate-flag-toting-macho-dickhead" thing to it, and if you don't like Kyle Thomas' vocals then I can't really take seriously your opinions on any vocalist. This is a perfect pure rock/metal album in my opinion.

Quote:
84. Finntroll - Ur Jordens Djup
Agreed, did they really think suddenly turning into a generic black metal band would somehow make them better?

Quote:
83. Novembers Doom - The Novella Resevoir
I liked this one a lot more than I thought I would, very good album in my opinion. And the song about the dude's kid is probably the best on the album.

Quote:
82. Onslaught - Killing Peace
Agreed. If they were still ripping off vintage Venom instead they would be just fine in my book, but as you mentioned they have fallen prey to the trappings of modern thrashcore idiocy and are just ripping that off instead.

Quote:
81. Overkill - Immortalis
I think I like this album a little more than you seem to, but clearly it doesn't hold the slightest candle to their early output and likely will not receive many more listens from me.

Last edited by ADD; 01-15-2008 at 03:55 PM.