View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 08:06 AM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33 View Post
I don't care that you listen to different music, but I'd appreciate it if you don't belittle my styles. It's my #1 pet peeve. I mainly listen to 4 metal subgenres: Melodic, Power, Progressive, and Traditional. I hate it when people say that "all the bands that play power metal sound the same", because if you ask anyone that knows shit about shit about it rather than just being a judging asshole knows that there's an incredible amount of variety within the subgenre. I agree there are "cliques" of power metal bands (ie Stratovarius/Sonata Arctica/almost all other Finnish Bands) but the differences between the cliques is pretty sizeable. You can't say Jag Panzer sounds like Stratovarius, or Primal Fear sounds like Nocturnal Rites, or At Vance sounds like Blind Guardian, etc, etc.
I wasn't making that argument at all, I was just saying that they're similar enough to where I want to hear stuff that is entirely different because with damn near every genre, I've mostly exhausted the styles and want to move forward. Death metal is getting totally old and stale, too, but I'll always like a handful of key bands. Same goes for power metal or anything else.