View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 05:01 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

GWAR -- San Francisco, CA -- October 13th, 2007

Viva La Bands tour
"doors 6, show 7"

Got there quarter to 7, and there's a line around the block, doors still not open.
I'm not sure, but I think the show didn't start til about 7:45
And still, we had to wait for Bam's stupid pre-show video thing to finish for the first band to come on

Veins of Jenna-
I was expecting an emo band based on the fact that Bam picked them and by their name, so it wasnt as bad as I thought. But still stupid. 4 europeans trying to be GnR.
It wasn't too bad at first, they just looked like posers and the music enough to keep me from being bored, some sub-par AC/DC album shit that you can nod your head to.
But the singer/guitarist had to put on the stoner act with "well, only a few more songs and we can go backstage and pass out" and "go buy a t shirt because we're broke". He also kept making stupid gestures as if doing cocaine, heroin, the blade across the throat, and the gun in the mouth.
They actually were skinny enough to be junkies, but you can't pull an act like that when you're drinking bottled water onstage. And the lead guitarist looked and sounded like a 14 year old in front of a mirror in his room trying to play Slash. Not something I would make a trip for, even if it was free.

cKy-
The reason I came. Don't get me wrong, Gwar was a bonus, a hilarious and bloody bonus, but I've been listening to cKy since I was 10, when 96 Quite Bitter Beings came out, and I've tried to see them the last 2 years at the Pound and in San Jose and failed.
Good, high energy set, just too short because of the late start. CIG kept fucking around with his loop pedal, playing Cher's "do you believe in love" between songs. A lot more pit than I expected. Also, no songs from the latest record.

The Human Drive In Hi Fi
Attached at the Hip
Sink Into the Underground
Escape From Hellview
96 Quite Bitter Beings
Sporadic Movement

Gwar-
Set included waterguns, and Oderous's penis as usual, but also George Bush, Hitler/Jesus, Don Vito, demon from hell, and Jew-cifer
The pit was crazy, blood all over the floor area. Even one of the security guards was wearing a white wifebeater while the others were wearing pancho's you would see at a Galagher show.
Setlist, not in order (thanks to wizzbang for corrections)

War is All We Know
Bring Back the Bomb
Saddam a Go Go
Immortal Corruptor
BDF
Horror of YG
Krosstika
Go To Hell
Tormentor
Murderer's Muse
8th Lock

Left after Gwar, as did half of the people there
Usually I would have stayed to see at least a song or two, but I thought about it, and said..... eh.

Last edited by TonyD; 11-11-2007 at 10:57 PM.