View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 09:06 PM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

Thumbs up Sodom - The Final Sign Of Evil

Sodom's latest album, The Final Sign Of Evil. You'll notice this time around they've decided to get back to their early roots. Everything from the artwork, to the album title, to the general sound of the songs are very similar to their early work. Along with new songs this release also features re-recordings of songs from their original EP, as the goal of this was to flesh it out more to make it a complete album. Tom also brought back Grave Violator and Witchunter.

"The Final Sign of Evil" track listing:

01. The Sin Of Sodom *
02. Blasphemer **
03. Ashes To Ashes *
04. Witching Metal **
05. Sons Of Hell *
06. Burst Command 'til War **
07. Where Angels Die *
08. Sepulchral Voice **
09. Hatred Of The Gods *
10. Bloody Corpse *
11. Outbreak Of Evil **
12. Defloration *

* bonus tracks
** songs which were on the original version of "In The Sign Of Evil"

Total listening time: 49:49

The album is typical Sodom, you know what to expect from them by now and they don't dissapoint. However, due to old songs this does feel more like half of an album, but you can't blame them that much sense they also put a new album out last year. Because the "bonus" songs outnumber the old songs I'm going to consider this a new album. Sin of Sodom starts off with a cool little intro thing and continues strong all the way through to Defloration. The sound quality is great and it does wonders for the older songs they re-recorded. They don't seem to be on as much of a limited budget now so my guess is they wanted to go back and do the songs right. This album WILL force you to continuously crank up the volume as youre listening.

I was a bit worried that this album would be somewhat boring with all the remakes but it flows together pretty well and made for a killer listen and by the time it's over you'll feel like this

Comments?