View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 02:52 AM
N00B

Metallica -- London, UK -- July 7th 2007

Venue - The new Wembley Stadium. Was fucking huge!! holds about 70,000 people and was an incredible sight! the atmosphere was so intense.

Supports-

Matsodon:
Saw them at download and was impressed then, but today in my opinnion they were ok. sound of vocals was poor, good guitar riffs but was lacking something

MachineHead:
These really shook the crowd up, not on for very long but the chants of "MACHINE FUCKING HEAD" was going round the stadium. They kicked ass, I think there set was:

Clenching the fists of dissent
Imperium
Davidian
Halo
Block
(might have missed a song)
They didnt play aesthetics of hate, and i fucking love that song. But the crowd went crazy.

HIM-
That crazy crowd then turned to a roar of "boos" as HIM took the stage, they were fucking awful, i've always hated them. was lame really killed the mood, people were just chanting metallica.

Metallica:

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Sad But True
Disposable Heroes
The Unforgiven
...And Justice For All
The Memory Remains
The Four Horsemen
Orion
Fade To Black
Master of Puppets
Battery
- - - -
No Leaf Clover
Nothing Else Matters
One
Enter Sandman
- - - -
Whiplash
Seek and Destroy

Metallica played an amazing set, saw them for the 5th time and heard songs ive never heard before like justice, horseman, whiplash, clover and memory. Was so good. was such an amazing performance. Highlight of the show for me was ...and justice for all. I love that song. and also the "Die... Die... Die" bit in creeping death right at they start, so much energy was released!

This proves to me that metallica are still one of the best bands in the world musically, but i think its because they play stuff they've written 15 years ago. But what they play is superb music no matter when it was written which is why they have so many fans,and last night proved that metallica are still on top form!