View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 08:28 AM
N00B

I might be the biggest Waste fan here and I dunno guys... it just wasn't that good

Anyway, here's mine... it will probably change.

1. Mayhem - Ordo Ad Chao
2. Rwake - Voices of Omens
3. Neurosis - Given to the Rising
4. Blood Freak - Multiplex Massacre
5. Pig Destroyer - Phantom Limb
6. Total Fucking Destruction - Zen and the Art of Total Fucking Destruction
7. Type O Negative - Dead Again
8. Swallow the Sun - Hope
9. Candlemass - King of the Grey Islands
10. Immolation - Shadows in the Light

Disappointments:

Megadeth - United Abominations (actually not a disappointment since I figured it would suck, but man, it sure exceeded my expectations of suckiness)
W.A.S.P. - Dominator (I think the formulas Blackie has been using for about 25 years have really run dry)
Manowar - Gods of War (fucking worthless garbage except for the few songs that were released previously on the Sons of Odin EP, which I liked)
Municipal Waste - The Art of Partying (while this was definitely a cool album and doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside the previous three pieces of crap, I really wanted this to be better. MW's music doesn't really have much more to it than like 2 albums, I think. They've said all they had to say, and now they're releasing weaker rehashes of stuff they've already done.)

So yeah, 2007 has seen some good shit so far, but it's disappointing that some of my favorite bands put out disappointing albums. Oh well. I have to admit, the yearly ranking stuff is probably my favorite part of posting here We are such nerds

Oh, and just for shits, here are the rest of the albums I've heard thus far, in a very rough ranking from best to worst. It picks up where my top ten left off:

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Moonsorrow - V: Hävitetty
Paradise Lost - In Requiem
Novembers Doom - The Novella Resevoir
Municipal Waste - The Art of Partying
Therion - Gothic Kabbalah
Saxon - The Inner Sanctum
Vital Remains - Icons of Evil
Akercocke - Antichrist
Finntroll - Ur Jordens Djup
Die Verbannten Kinder Evas - Dusk and Void Became Alive
Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Ensiferum - Victory Songs
Manowar - Gods of War
W.A.S.P. - Dominator
Megadeth - United Abominations

Yes, it looks like Dave is gonna get the crowning turd of 2007

Last edited by overkiller; 06-21-2007 at 03:36 PM.