View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 08:06 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Rob Halford's Advice For New Bands

Source: Chart Attack

The Metal God spoke to Sarah Kurchak Of Chart Attack... Here is his advice for new bands:

"Well, firstly, make sure you're in the best place for yourself as a player, as a writer. And again, it depends where you're starting off from. Some people are very lucky that they get involved in a band that could end up being a career band, or it may just be a case of search and discovery and you may want to move from place to place. But I think in terms of talent, much like anything in life, the only way you can get good at anything is practice, practice, practice. And so I think that's important.

"I think that the element of belief and honesty, having all of the right virtues in place, is also important. You know, it's very tempting for certain generations to say, 'Well, I just want to be in a band and I want to be a rock star,' or whatever. That's not what it's about. Firstly, you've got to be in it for the love and the passion that you have for the music, and then you take it from there.

"But you know, some bands come and go, some bands are here for a long time. Some players end up staying in the music business, but they may not be in a group or such. They might just be fascinated by the other elements of what goes on in the recording industry. It's a multi-dimensional platform, really. But it's always exciting because you never know what's going to happen next."

The Metal God has spoken.