View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 10:44 AM
In Search of Truth

Necromance -- Allentown, PA -- June 4th, 2007

Hey everyone. Last night was a very special evening for me and the rest of my band. We were lucky enough to be the only local support band for the Doro/Chris Caffery bill at Allentown's Crocodile Rock. We'd played there 6 times before last night but it was by far our most special thus far.

We got there around 4:45 PM... we had to be there at least 2 hours prior to doors opening because of equipment load-in, soundcheck, etc... All sorts of problems were occuring. Doro's bus had broken down earlier in the day, and neither her drummer or Chris Caffery's were there, or had their gear there yet. Basically we got to sit there and watch Chris shred for like 30 minutes. Soon thereafter he was nice enough to sign all our stuff for us and take some pictures... Eventually things started moving along, our equipment was loaded in, the drum kits eventually arrived, and sometime about 15 minutes before doors were supposed to open, so did Doro. The band rushed a really quick soundcheck and doors opened around 7:30. We had to set up our gear as the people were coming in but it's nothing we hadn't done there before. We were all set up by around 7:50 and the show got underway shortly after that.
All in all, I was quite satisfied with our performance. There were all kinds of sound issues throughout the show, but apparently the audience didn't mind. Last night yielded our most impressive, loudest, and appreciative audience we've ever had in over two years of shows. I was thrilled, and had to spend almost the whole rest of the night handing out flyers and talking to interested people. Chris Caffery's bassist even wanted his picture with us!
Necromance set list:
1.Intro (new)
2.Reality (new)
3.Breaking the Chains
4.Necromance
5.The End of Our Days (new)
6.Destiny Calls (new)
7.We Will Rise

Chris Caffery's band took the stage shortly after we exited. You could tell this was a really off-the-cuff performance but I was really really impressed with it, and the set list selection was quite random.
1.Chained
2.The Wake of Magellan (Savatage) (that made my night, and week for that matter)
3.Into the Arena (Michael Schenker Group)
-John Macaluso drum solo-
4.Abandoned
5.Pisses Me Off

Almost a half hour changeover occured before Doro took the stage. Overall, very good sound, excellent performance, I was quite impressed. Unfortunately I was very tired from our performance and standing ther rest of the day/night, so I wasn't able to fully enjoy it. Also, I'm not as familiar with a lot of Doro and Warlock stuff as I should be, so I was only familar with about half of the songs. And therefore, I lack an accurate set list. I should be able to uncover one within the next week-10 days, and if so, I shall post it in here. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Maiden33; 09-14-2007 at 07:02 AM.