View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Yikes. Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Websites: On a daily basis, I use this board as well as the AFI message board. I also use Facebook and Myspace, Something Awful, Fark, The Onion, various webcomics, and CNN and Yahoo for news.
TV Shows: The Simpsons, Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Mythbusters, South Park, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Reno 911
Radio: I don't listen to the radio, except for NPR on occasion and sometimes my friend's college radio show.
Magazines: None, really, though I occasionally browse through Spin, Revolver, The Economist, Motor Trend, and Rolling Stone at the bookstore.
Newspapers: Arizona Daily Wildcat, New York Times, and occasionally the Arizona Daily Star.
Comic books: None
Video Games: Final Fantasy III, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, New Super Mario Bros., and a few more.
Books: Unfortunately, I don't have much time for recreational reading during school, but I often read non-fiction, usually related to politics or the military.
Ads: Eh. Whatever's plastered around town/on TV/whatever.
CDs: I don't buy them as often as I used to. The last thing I bought was Arcade Fire's "Neon Bible."
Concerts: The last two shows I went to were AFI and Against Me!.

As for my friends, I'd imagine the picture looks pretty much the same.

Things like Myspace and Facebook are specifically and relentlessly targeted towards my demographic. They're insanely popular among the college crowd, and they've become ingrained in our culture. Video games, too, are definitely geared towards the 18-24 male age group, along with TV shows like The Simpsons, South Park, and Family Guy. More specifically, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are both very much made for the liberal college age crowd.