View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Unhappy I had to say goodbye to a good friend today

My friend Eric had a brain tumor removed a little over a year ago, and he was doing pretty well with chemo and treatments. But a few weeks ago, he had a seizure and had to go back to the hospital. They were going to do another surgery, but they found another tumor, this time on the other side of his brain. It had grown to the size of a golf ball in a week. It's completely inoperable, and there's just nothing anyone can do. We found about this from his girlfriend yesterday, so we all drove up to Phoenix to see him. His dad says that the doctors give him about a month, but given the shape he's in now, it'll probably be less than that. Luckily, they set up hospice care in his parents' house for him, so he doesn't have to spend his last days in a hospital. Today was the last time we'd see him. Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I've ever had to do; I'm choking back tears just writing about it. He's only 20. It's not fucking fair.

I'm not looking for sympathy or any of that bullshit. I just ask that you keep him and his family in your thoughts/prayers/whatever. Thanks guys.