View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 06:22 PM
The Cheese

I still enjoy Heaven And Hell, but looking at it critically, I think it falls short. Is the music good? Yeah, it's alright, but what Sabbath was doing before (and let's keep in mind part of the shoddy quality of the last two Sabbath albums is because of Ozzy's inability to decide whether he was in or out of the band) was creative and good. There's nothing that creative about Heaven and Hell, but I will say that the music is good. However, when measured up to what came before it falls short, so it's not as good. I don't think we need to have a discussion on the lyrics and why they're inferior in ever respect to what preceded them.

Back to the music though. The only good thing about the music is the riffs. Let's not mince words: the drums are boring and you could practically remove the bass track and there would be no discernable difference (it's like Ian Hill played bass on it or something.)

In other words, Heaven And Hell is an average album that endures a nightly skull fucking from War Pigs.