View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
GRAVITY IS SCIENCE!!!!! OKAY??? I am not saying it isnt science....I belive most of the explanation as to how things happen.....but there is no explanation as to why!! I am not saying God is physically pushing every single object down and it is called gravity...that is Dark Ages science.....but I cant grasp the idea that things just happen by chance.......thats if faith..to say things just happen....

I cant even think right now, to formulate the right words to explain or comprehend your sense of closemindedness and bigotry, when you say that "gravity is science, we can explain it, God does not exist." Your view of Christianity and religion as a whole just as "I dont know how it works, so God did it" is so outdated and idiotic.....No one believes that in the civilized world anymore. Today's Christian can accept the explanation of science, of gravity, of weather, of adaptation, of erosion, of nuclear physics, etc and still put some faith in a higher being....there is no harm in it....Like I said...the educated Christian can say that the "Occurence" is the what, Science is the how, and God is the why....a theory that can neither be proven entirely or disproven entirely...JUST LIKE MACROEVOLUTION!
Dude. Calm down. Where do you get closemindedness and bigotry out of what I'm saying?

I never said there is no God. I don't know if there is or there isn't. Frankly it has nothing whatsoever to do with our discussion. It's not a scientific question. That's not to say it's not a valid question, okay? And I never said you are wrong to think there's a god in the world, or that he's responsible for what's happened. I mean, what's wrong with (for instance) the idea that God sparked some inert matter into life aeons ago using a precise mechanism that would unfold logically over time into us? You can believe that if you wish, and square that belief with the facts that science has revealed. Science will never prove there is no god, and it will never prove there is a god -- because the question of God is simply not subject to proof, observation, or empirical assessment. Okay? In this way the question of God is fundamentally different from the question of whether human beings descended from apes (or birds descended from dinosaurs, or whatever). Because we can check the fossil record and DNA maps for evidence that supports or refutes the theory. God isn't a theory. It's a belief. They aren't at all the same. To point this out is not bigotry -- surely you can understand that?!?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a dick here. Why are you calling me a bigot?

Last edited by zgodt; 03-12-2007 at 02:41 PM.