View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Exit quickly or feel the sting of the pimp hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div View Post
the thing is, i know exactly what science is, and ive yet to see real evidence that doesnt require a leap of faith to make me believe a rock can turn into a form of life and all you have to do is add water. the evolutionist uses time to fill in for anything they cant explain, which isnt scientific fact at all, just skeptisism.

im not biased to either side, but if im told to believe something i need to see the proof. similarities in bone structures and dna dont prove cross species evolution, which is nothing more then a theory sense it has never been observed. honestly i dont think there will ever be enough evidence to either prove the bible or evolution, but a theory shouldnt be taught as fact.
No one in their right mind says all you have to do is add water to a rock and voila, there's life. You're obviously exaggerating to make a point. And the point that scientists still don't really have a fucking clue how life actually started on this planet is valid. But it's not an invalidation of evolutionary theory. Whether you think that some weird and fortuitous chemical reaction produced the first single-celled organism (which -- given the billions of galaxies in the universe, each with billions of stars and planets upon which who knows how many chemical reactions have taken place over billions of years -- doesn't seem that crazy from a statistical standpoint) or if you think divine intervention produced it, the biological record still shows pretty conclusively that complex organisms evolved from simpler ones, and that we didn't just wander fully formed out of a garden with domesticated cattle and sheep at our heels.