View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 06:57 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden View Post
Besides, Dew is tr00.
These words are true words

Well, I'm definitely skepitcal. And I see Ed's flip side. The most I've ever spent on a concert was for Ozzfest 2005. I think it was worth it. Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden are two of my favorite bands, and seeing them on the same bill on the same night at an awesome seat... well, I sure thought it was worth it.

Now, I know there will be some fine print, but I wonder what it will be? With sponsors, and merchandise, and everything I wouldn't be surprised if it's free, but if it's still outdoors, maybe only the lawn will be free? That's not a horrible deal. If you ask me there are worse things in life then seeing a concert from the lawn, especially if you didn't have to pay. I really think it will just be an odd assortment of bands. But considering I've only ever gone to Ozzfest primarily for two or three bands before, I'm not too worried...

I don't know, I'm really interested to see how it plays out. I'm probably giving Sharon too much credit right now, but really, if this plays out in a way that doesn't rape consumers she's really moving concerts in an interesting direction. I dare say a smart one too.

I think my biggest question is, what does TicketMaster think?