View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

...and Metal Sludge.

Pay the baby bands? She's not even going to pay the headlining bands. Read the fine print--

"we have bands committed, but were hoping that after today's announcement well have a whole influx of artists who want to be a part of something this ground breaking. We know there aren't any major headlining acts that would tour all summer for nothing, but we're confident we can turn some of the genre's biggest bands on to what we're doing and have them come out to play a date or two. If they're in town and want the rush of performing in front of 20,000 frenzied kids, they're more than welcome to join us. They can sell their t-shirts, CDs and whatever else they've got. They're also welcome to book their own shows in local venues on the day of OZZFEST. Im not stopping them. People have to be creative and think of alternatives."

In other words, no one has signed on to do this yet, she's not paying anyone, and she's hoping to convince big name bands to play for free by telling them they can sell their shirts and CDs or book another show somewhere else. Good luck with that.

And even if a couple bands do do it for a show or two, the lineup is gonna suck, because all most cities are going to get is a bunch of Joe Nobodys.

All I'm seeing here is Sharon desperately trying to do damage control, because she knows how sick of her shit everyone is and knew people were starting to not give a crap about Ozzfest. She's not trying to save the concert industry...she's just trying to save her own ass.