View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD View Post
I don't know why you have Sons Of Northern Darkness up there since its really not THAT recent (it was released before I was into metal we'll say), but of the other ones, yeah definitely. But that doesn't mean they aren't highly impacting for me. People change constantly, I could hear an album tomorrow and thrust it up into this list. It's all about what you feel from the combination of the lyrics, the concepts, the music itself, the emotions, where you are at that point in your life, the memories that listening to those record invoke, all those things are equally important. It's not a clear cut list at all, just the ones that stand clearly above the rest in how they've helped shape my life. My thoughts and actions all reflect in some way on those albums in particular, although I think its obvious that we are influenced somehow by everything we hear or seem or do, etc. Music is so important to me though, therefore I can be more selective in choosing what influences and impacts me more than in other aspects of life that have bearing on who I am.
yeah I get what you're saying...good idea for a thread

umm...heres mine...(of the CDs I own)

Manowar-Kings of Metal
Rainbow-Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow
DIO-Holy Diver
Live-Throwing Copper *
Helloween-Walls of Jericho *
At the Gates-Slaughter of the Soul
Rammstein-Reise Reise
Kreator-Pleasure to Kill
Queensryche-Mindcrime *
Megadeth-Rust In Peace
Iron Savior-Dark Assault (my first power/speed metal album )
Grave Digger-Tunes of War *
Grim Reaper-Fear No Evil *
Grim Reaper-See You In Hell *
Judas Priest-Painkiller
Fear Factory-Demanufacture
Black Sabbath-Paranoid *
Iron Maiden-Number of the Beast *
Dio-Very Beast of *

While all of these have shaped my musical tastes today, the ones with (*)s are some of the first albums I ever bought that really got me into rock and then metal.