View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Arrow Most Influential Albums

Due the unfortunate fact that we don't even really begin to get a glimpse of what our actual lives are outside of the limited scope of this board, its hard to really gauge what albums specifically influence how we think and interact and just live out of our lives away from the few minutes (okay, hours ) we spend of our free time posting on here. I'm sure we all have dreams and ambitions and goals for ourselves, and maybe for the more cerebral folks here who like to mull over philosophy and other "pretentious" things () I am sure that there are certain albums by bands that there is a special kind of connection to. At least for me this is true, therefore I've put together a list of albums that have really impacted my life deeply (with varying degrees depending on the album of course), or at least in some direct way have influenced me beyond just a base aural enjoyment of the music. Whether it be in my system of values, my ideas about life, my character, whatever it may be, these are some albums that I can say have significantly helped shape the person I am today. Like any good book, or any important person in my life, these are like companion pieces for my life. Hopefully you guys have some kind of attachment in this way because it is a really special thing to connect with another's art. These are their goals and ambitions and dreams that they achieved as musicians, and for me thats cool to think that how they were influenced by other people to reach their dreams of being musicians and now they are influences to me as well. Anyways, here's my list, post your too Some discussion on this would be really great too. Notice they don't have to be by your favorite band, or even be your favorite album, as I don't even have a single Maiden album on my list. They were kind of the main general influence and really are the backdrop to what my life is now so its pointless really to put them on here because they influence is really all-encompassing. These albums just really stick out in my mind as being albums that impacted me a lot at whatever point in my life that was, so that's why its not so difficult to discern.

Rush- 2112
Rush- Grace Under Pressure
Rush- Vapor Trails
Tool- Lateralus
Tool- Aenima
Tool- 10,000 Days
Death- Symbolic
Death- The Sound Of Perseverance
Isis- Panopticon
Isis- In The Absence Of Truth
Pink Floyd- Dark Side Of The Moon
Pink Floyd- Meddle
BLAZE- Tenth Dimension
BLAZE- Silicon Messiah
Metallica- Master Of Puppets
Megadeth- Rust In Peace
Anthrax- Among The Living
Slayer- Show No Mercy
Dio- Holy Diver
Kyuss- Welcome To Sky Valley
Amon Amarth- With Oden On Our Side
I- Between Two Worlds
Immortal- Sons Of Northern Darkness
King Crimson- In The Court Of The Crimson King
Mastodon- Blood Mountain
Moonsorrow- Verisakeet
Queensryche- Operation: Mindcrime
Motorhead- Rock & Roll
Deep Purple- Machine Head
Judas Priest- Painkiller
Rainbow- Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow
Black Sabbath- Heaven & Hell
Children Of Bodom- Hatebreeder

As you can see there's a range of different styles and bands here, some albums I've had for years, some I've had for mere months, but they are all linked in that they have meant so much to me and are albums I could never part with.

Even though its not the easier thing to narrow down sometimes try and post your guys' list of highly important and influential albums

Last edited by ADD; 01-29-2007 at 05:56 PM.