View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post
Insipid Productions has exactly one show on its schedule. Savage Productions has a couple scheduled out through March. Where did all the $10-$15 Pound shows go? The Metro? Not really? Bourbon Street in Concord? A couple? The Cave in San Jose puts on all ages shows but they're aren't exactly importing Scandavian Metal... mostly local and regional acts playing in various South Bay churches and community centers.

The Pound was part of a regional circuit. Often, routing would go from The Boardwalk up in Sac to the Pound down to LA at the Key Club or similiar size venue. Ditto for the Warfield to down the House of Blues. Danzig played Santa Cruz during his two week Black of The Black. The Jager tour with Stone Sour and Lacuna Coil is skipping our market entirely. A little odd...

How underground do you really need to go? Garages? Basements? All local bands? Can you tell me who is promoting all these shows you mentioned? The venues?

My last show was Dark Funeral & Enslaved. Before that, Celtic Frost & Goatwhore. You know my love for power cheddar. That's a very broad metal range in my book. I'm missing a ton of reviews but there's no one here that can substantively dispute my credentials based on show attendance, either in our area or Southern California and beyond.
You seem to be talking about (relatively, for metal I mean) "big name" bands. I'm talking about the shows they do at Bottom Of The Hill, 12 Galaxies, even Slims, places like that. There's a ton of bands in this area constantly doing shows. If you want I know of a place that keeps a pretty good itinerary of shows going on here, spanning every range pretty much of rock/metal acts. I know you are more down with the acts on a national/international scene, but there's so much right here in our immediate area.