View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed View Post

However, the headline is what caught my eye. In our market (the San Francisco Bay Area), there are fewer and fewer metal shows. Even when the Pound was open, the last couple of months weren't exactly that active. It makes me think metal isn't as strong in 2007 as it was in 2005. What's it like where you live?
Apparently you might not have your eyes open. There are shows around here almost constantly, it makes my head spin and at the same time feel so upset that I can't make any of them Not a lot of people are familiar with the Bay Area scene on this board, but it's actually thriving pretty well in the underground circles. Hell, even on the more knowledgeable metal scale, there's at least a show per week worth watching. You just need to be more aware I think, that or have broader tastes, because where most of the shit is going down is in the doom/sludge/black/thrash arena. The Bay Area scene is definitely strong as it has been since the 80's I think, looking at the amount of shows there are and the talent of bands in this area. Sadly lots of people are oblivious to it. Their loss I guess.