View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 03:15 AM
Director, Set List Intelligence
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom View Post
I thought it was a good concept, but some of the stories werent interesting.
The initial concept was to pull in stories with a specific band name in the thread title. Unfortunately, vbulletin's filter parses by single word only. That means the term King Diamond would actually grab any word ending in -king. Similiarly, Dio would pull in any title with the word studio in it, a common enough occurance.

Word filters, even when they work, do not understand 'interesting', so that can't be helped. Furthermore, the posts are only summaries. I know summaries aren't as interesting as full stories but at least it's a head up. Unless I manually post stories, our news forum isn't very useful. It's take too much time to do news -- it's not what we're about -- and then there's the issue of copying content from other sites, the reason I am extremely anal about sourcing and then posting the hooks rather than full copy.

Personally, I'd rather delete a few threads here and there or put up with non-interesting threads (which I don't have to click on) and have a feed automated.

Keep in mind we're talking about Blabbermouth. It is the best thing going in metal news but it's not perfect. Neither will any feed sourced from it.
Jaco died for our sins so that modern bass players could be free to play more and be heard.