View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:35 AM
N00B

ATTENTION!!! The ultimate question!!!

O.k, Me and my group of metal friends keep arguing about where is the most "metal" part of the world for metal music????

There's 3 major regions that i can think of.......

England......(my vote).....where metal was truely established, with the birth of metal legends such as Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Motorhead and Judas Priest, thanks to many of the country's musical influences. The first real "metal" thing to happen on Earth. The roots of metal lie in the U.K!!!!

U.S.A.......(So close!!!).......O.K not the birth place of metal....but could be considered the perfector of metal music. With an infinite list of bands that include Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Pantera etc. With so many metal bands as a back catalogue it still seems to produce new metal bands such as Trivium, God Forbid, Slipknot, machine head that tend to influence the new generation....or could these be considered as a cheap imitation? But in so many ways, the U.S has expanded metal into sub-genres...but is this a good thing?

Europe......(Norway, Sweden, Germany etc.)......A good creator of a new wave of metal, with bands like, Arch Enemy, In Flame, Satyricon that take metal to the next level, going more hardcore and into religious depths in there music. Europe could be considered the birthplace for "real" metal, and not "media - hyped" music.

Please vote!