Thread: Hell Is Here
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 06:48 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Creating your music should be your business and your business only. Ya think Iron Maiden or Black Sabbath or even Metallica had a poll of people from message boards, or went around asking clumps of average joes to help them shape their music? No, they presented their music to the world like it is with out any kind of feedback and they did just fine in the success department. I'm glad they didn't cos most people on message boards are fuckin idiots.

What I'm saying is, while I'm sure there are people here that appreciate you putting your music up, the only one that should decide if its ready for proper release or if its in a perfect state should be the musician and musician alone. Other musicians here have their own musical visions and sometimes musicians would want to influence others to make music the way they think it should sound.

Nah, I know what you're saying, and just because people here do say something, doesn't mean it will necessarily be taken into account. However, when you look at Black Sabbath and Metallica they've made plenty of shitty music too, and sometimes I think that's because they lose sight of what they're actually doing.

I like getting an outside perspective on what we're doing. I do it all the time with people around here (in real life), but sometimes it's nice to have strangers rip on your stuff, because every once and a while they'll be right about something.

Plus with so many people here being musicians themselves, it's interesting - if nothing else - to hear their thoughts.

But I agree with you, and ask anybody in the band I'm a total douchebag with my material. Sure you can suggest something, but if I don't really care for it, then it's just too bad