View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 01:36 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Oh, the irony.

I would just like to say that I think Bring Your Daughter To the Slaughter is a great (but not awesome) song. Straightforward rock with lyrics based loosely on "To Coy His Mistress." And the solo is living proof that Janick, in the right headspace can whip out an excellent solo (at least I think that's Janick).

On a completely unrelated note, I was listening to Out Of The Silent Planet earlier today, and I was reaffirmed how fucking great of a song that is. Some truly great riffs that not to many people tend to notice.
Yeah, I agree about BYDTTS. Plus I just really find it to be a fun song to play. It's not very hard, but it sounds cool, and most songs don't give me much of a reason to just totally go crazy with the whammy bar or pick scrapes, but this song does. I love it. I like Janick's solo a lot. I've never really tried to play it, so I was just pulling stuff out of my ass. To keep set times down we might not have the actual solo in it... just the slower lead part with the chanting stuff and the lead after it + plus the ending solo stuff. I don't know, I guess we'll see...

Yeah, OOTSP is a decent song, but I find it a bit repetitive at times.