View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Blunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed
Listen to the basic rhythms of Bodom's last album and relate them to the mainstream metal market. Bodom's last abum fits well on Ozzfest's second stage. Bodom is certainly trying to appeal to much wide audience. Fans usually consider that selling out.
maybe they just felt like incorporating some metalcore elements because the felt like it, not because they thought it would get them more fans

Quote:
Compare Doomsday with its predecessors. The riffing is far more basic than the first two Angela albums and those are far less complex or extreme than the first three. Nemesis was their big single..does that sing along really compare with the nasty lyrics from their past?
doomsday has much more inspired guitarwork than anthems imo

Quote:
Jazz and bluegress challenging? Sure, they can be but anyone can make a cookie cutter album in either of those genres too. There's more to good metalcore than the breakdown and one note rhythms.
yea there are the whiny pop vocals

Quote:
You're right about the longevity factor but that can be said about a lot of music; there will be bands that survive, just as bands from my school days have survived.
You know what will survive? A band like Edguy or Dream Theater that has uniqueness and talent and inspiration in every album and every song . . . not some shitty metalcore band that sounds like all the rest.

btw what does the sentence "This thread started out on Nu (Rob) and Anthrax (thread)" mean?

Quote:
There's more to good metalcore than the breakdown and one note rhythms.
yes, a band called trivium

every other album by every other metalcore band that i have heard has sounded almost exactly the same to me . . . at least bodom still has a unique sound