WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Exodus -- Kansas City, MO -- March 31st, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9967)

mankvill 03-31-2009 10:50 PM

Exodus -- Kansas City, MO -- March 31st, 2009

Exodus:

Bonded By Blood
?
? (something off of Atrocity Exhibition)
A Lesson In Violence
Children Of A Worthless God
Piranha
And Then There Were None
Deathamphetamine
?
Fabulous Disaster
War Is My Shephard
Strike Of The Beast
Toxic Waltz

Warbringer:

Total War
Whirlwind
Dread Command
Severed Reality
Systematic Genocide
Combat Shock

Notes: I didn't get in (21+ venue) so I stood outside for 4 1/2 hours in freezing weather to watch. It was worth it :fist: The sound and view was surprisingly good. Koktopus sounded great, and did a Slayer cover (Bloodline). Hammerlord sounded the best of the night. Seriously, they are something you need to watch out for. Warbringer were better when I saw them a couple weeks ago, but still good here. And Exodus. What can I say? There's a reason they fucking rule so much. :fist: During Exodus' set, the singer from Hammerlord hung out with me outside. Definitely gonna try and catch em on Friday.

Exodus - 9/10
Warbringer - 8/10
Hammerlord - 9/10 (CHECK THEM OUT [url]http://www.myspace.com/hammerlordslaysyou[/url] )
Koktopus - 8/10

300%_Density 04-01-2009 08:48 AM

Bonded By Blood
Iconoclasm
Funeral Hymn
A Lesson In Violence
Children Of A Worthless God
Pirahna
And Then There Were None
Deathamphetamine
Blacklist
Fabulous Disaster
War Is My Shepherd
Strike Of The Beast
Toxic Waltz
Shovel Headed Kill Machine

All I can say is wow. This was my first Exodus experience and thanks to them I will be hurting for several days. Surprised this was at such a small place. Riot Room has a capacity of around 250 people. I really am speechless at this point. I can't believe it took me this long to finally see them but the wait was well worth it. On top of everything got setlist and 2 guitar picks. And almost got my hand stepped on a few times from Gary & Jack Gibson!!! I was also very impressed w/ Warbringer. This was the 1st time I have got to hear them but wow I was absolutely blown away. I really only heard maybe 1 or 2 songs from Hammerlord and didn't hear opening band at all. My only complaint was start the concert earlier!!! I didn't end up getting home until almost 4 AM but I will still not complain about that at all!!! Got some really amazing pics if anybody would care to look [url]http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=55619921&albumId=2758956[/url]

mankvill 04-01-2009 09:43 AM

Ah yeah, I thought that one was Funeral Hymn. I don't care for Shovel Headed Kill Machine. Glad I left during Toxic Waltz. I was freezing to death.

300%_Density 04-01-2009 11:09 AM

Thats pretty lame you couldn't get in. There was a kid w/ his dad that was maybe 10 years old. I didn't even pay attention to that until you said you couldn't get in. I really hate when kids go to shows b/c then the band gives that kid everything. He got a pic and a drumstick. Although I won't complain b/c I got 2 pics and a setlist :D

SerpentineVIVIVI 04-01-2009 11:57 AM

:rocker:That is such a fucking awesome setlist, I can't believe they put in Blacklist and Deathamphetamine! God damn it I wish they were doing an off date closer to me....at least I'll be able to catch them with Kreator next week!

mankvill 04-01-2009 12:15 PM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;206938]Thats pretty lame you couldn't get in. There was a kid w/ his dad that was maybe 10 years old. I didn't even pay attention to that until you said you couldn't get in. I really hate when kids go to shows b/c then the band gives that kid everything. He got a pic and a drumstick. Although I won't complain b/c I got 2 pics and a setlist :D[/QUOTE]
THOSE FUCKS ARE AT EVERY GOD DAMN SHOW.:mad:

300%_Density 04-01-2009 12:31 PM

Yet it is rare they are actually at a 21+ show. That is not right, there is no reason they can't let you in if they let in a 10 yr old. I dont care if he's w/ his dad or not. I forgot to mention I could have went in w/o a ticket. I went to the front door getting ready to pull out id and debit card for will call and he just told me to go in. I could have saved $23 but b/c of how you got hosed I will not complain!!!!!!

mankvill 04-01-2009 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=300%_Density;206947]Yet it is rare they are actually at a 21+ show. That is not right, there is no reason they can't let you in if they let in a 10 yr old. I dont care if he's w/ his dad or not. I forgot to mention I could have went in w/o a ticket. I went to the front door getting ready to pull out id and debit card for will call and he just told me to go in. I could have saved $23 but b/c of how you got hosed I will not complain!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Spiral_Slave 04-01-2009 01:38 PM

BETTER START RUNNIN' 'CAUSE YOU KNOW THAT I'M COMIN'!

mankvill 04-01-2009 05:26 PM

One thing I noticed that I forgot to mention: Rob Dukes doesn't shy away about his dislike for Islam. He went on a big rant about the war and how he supports the troops, but how he's rather send bombs over there than soldiers. He introduced Children Of A Worthless God by saying "This is a song about how fucked up Islam is" and I think he even said something about "those monkeys" while talking about them.

No one really cheered. It was awkward, but hilarious.