WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Lamb of God - Wrath (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9768)

b_halperin 02-26-2009 05:03 PM

Lamb of God - Wrath

I wanted to give this album a few listens before writing a review. That said, i think that Lamb of God in no way comprimised on this album! It's so amazing, that it is only runner up to sacrament.
IMO:
1. Sacrament
2. Wrath
3. Ashes of the Wake
4. New American Gospel
5. As the Palaces Burn
(A very close race ^^)

Here is a personal track by track review:
1. This Passing - An epic opening to this masterpiece
2. In Your Words - The real opening to this album!!!! FUCKIN A+
3. Set To Fail - I really love Randy's vocal experimentation on this album, Sick riff also
4. Contractor - Brutal, just fucking brutal
5. Fake Messiah - Sick riff, and just another brutal song
6. Grace - BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM - BEAUTIFUL OPENING AND THE SICKEST RIFF ON THE ALBUM + SOLO
7. Broken Hands - The most pissed off song on the album, and fucking awesome verses and chorus
8. Dead Seeds - A headbanger every time
9. Everything to Nothing - My second favorite song. Great lyrics
10. Choke Sermon - I love the riff, and it's a sick song
11. Reclamation - FROM BLUEGRASS TO METAL, I FUCKING LOVE IT, AMAZING ENDING

Lamb of God is my favorite band. To me, they have never comprimised, they earned their success and I cannot wait to see them on April 3 at the Palladium. Fucking amazing band, amazing album, if you have not bought it yet..... FUCKING BUY IT!!!

5 stars. What do you think?

TonyD 02-26-2009 05:12 PM

^Review void due to absence of [I]As the Palaces Burn[/I]
Also, are you fucking kidding me?
[QUOTE=b_halperin;203884]
IMO:
1. Sacrament
4. New American Gospel
[/QUOTE]

b_halperin 02-26-2009 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;203887]^Review void due to absence of [I]As the Palaces Burn[/I]
[QUOTE]

chill, dont call me out for that shit everyone makes mistakes

MetalIsArt 02-27-2009 12:00 AM

The songs I heard from Wrath sound promising, I might actually buy it lol.

TonyD 02-27-2009 04:48 AM

[QUOTE=b_halperin;203900][QUOTE=TonyD;203887]^Review void due to absence of [I]As the Palaces Burn[/I]
[QUOTE]

chill, dont call me out for that shit everyone makes mistakes[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't be ordering Lamb of God's discography if you don't recall or haven't listened to one of their most relevant works.

b_halperin 02-27-2009 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=TonyD;203921][QUOTE=b_halperin;203900][QUOTE=TonyD;203887]^Review void due to absence of [I]As the Palaces Burn[/I]

You shouldn't be ordering Lamb of God's discography if you don't recall or haven't listened to one of their most relevant works.[/QUOTE]

i was deciding where to put it on the list so i figured id come back to it and i forgot. theyre my favorite band, its not like ive never heard of the album

Indestructible 03-01-2009 10:14 AM

they need to re=record nag with the way he sings now

Derelict 03-01-2009 10:26 AM

Saw them open for Dimmu/Corpse a long time ago and they did pretty much all of NAG, best time I've seen them.

TonyD 03-02-2009 10:30 PM

[QUOTE=Indestructible;204117]they need to re=record nag with the way he sings now[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.
It kinda sucks that there are some cool riffs with dumbed down song structures.

jhdeity 05-01-2009 08:01 AM

they need to re=record nag with the way he sings now

Couldn't agree more. I 1st saw LOG open for Shannon Larkin's band Amen. I grew up with Shannon and still jam the old Wrathchild cd's which he was a MONSTER on. If someone had told me the drummer in the opening act would blow Shannon off the stage I would have never believed it but that's exactly what happened. Chris Adler was incredible that night but the vocals were total shit. Couldn't understand a word so people jsut stood around. Granted no one had heard of LOG then but still. Add better vocals to Terror and Hubris, Subtle Art and even Black Label and those songs would be incredible. I prefer the Killadelphia versions of the NAG songs anyway