WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Overkill -- London, England -- February 20th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9723)

ravenheart 02-20-2009 03:23 PM

Overkill -- London, England -- February 20th, 2009

Hellfest Tour
Venue: Islington Academy

[b]Torture Squad[/b]
??
The Beast Within
??
Pandemonium
Chaos Corporation

[b]Gama Bomb[/b]
Zombie Blood Nightmare
??
Time Crime
Hammer Slammer
OCP
Poulterghost
Evil Voices
Thrashaholic
In The Court of General Zod
Helltrucker

[b]Exodus[/b]
The Last Act of Defiance
Fabulous Disaster
Piranha
Iconoclasm
And Then There Were None
A Lesson In Violence
Brain Dead
War Is My Shepherd
Bonded By Blood
The Toxic Waltz

[b]Overkill[/b]
Deny The Cross
Evil Never Dies
Hammerhead
Hello From The Gutter
Rotten To The Core
Elimination
Skull & Bones
Feel The Fire
In Union We Stand
Overkill
----------
Horrorscope
Fuck You >
Overkill >
Fuck You

JRA 02-20-2009 03:37 PM

Holy shit! That is a fucking lineup. Congrats to Torture Squad for finally making it out of Brazil!

Maiden33 02-20-2009 03:41 PM

I'm fucking pissed that I've seen Overkill a couple of times and haven't seen In Union We Stand.

ravenheart 02-20-2009 03:41 PM

Torture Squad were outstanding. And Gama Bomb are diabolical. Second time I've had to witness them, and they're probably the most one-dimensional band I've ever seen.

Disappointing sets, all told, from Exodus and Overkill. Too many old songs, not enough variety, given that both have made excellent albums recently.

JRA 02-20-2009 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;203406]

Disappointing sets, all told, from Exodus and Overkill. Too many old songs, not enough variety, given that both have made excellent albums recently.[/QUOTE]

I think you might be on your own with that one.

ravenheart 02-20-2009 03:49 PM

No doubt. But any band who have made albums consistently their whole career and only play songs from 20 years ago live has made a mistake.

Both played better sets on their last tours.

Maiden33 02-20-2009 03:53 PM

[QUOTE=ravenheart;203412]No doubt. But any band who have made albums consistently their whole career and only play songs from 20 years ago live has made a mistake.

Both played better sets on their last tours.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. At least on the general mindset. I absolutely hate when a band makes a very good album and then doesn't play much off of it live. There are far too many bands who go on tour and play the dozen played-out hits and like 2 new songs. I think if bands aren't proud enough of their new albums to play more than a song or two off of them, they shouldn't be making them in the first place.

mankvill 02-20-2009 05:19 PM

[B][SIZE="7"]E[/SIZE][/B]
limination

DethMaiden 02-20-2009 05:31 PM

Now, I may not really know shit about Overkill, but I do know that Horrorscope is a killer album and that when I saw them, and now, they apparently don't realize this.

Maiden33 02-20-2009 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=DethMaiden;203422]Now, I may not really know shit about Overkill, but I do know that Horrorscope is a killer album and that when I saw them, and now, they apparently don't realize this.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Coma, Nice Day For a Funeral, Blood Money, Thanx For Nothing, and Horrorscope.