WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9717)

ADD 02-19-2009 04:11 PM

I know the year is young but what's good in '09 so far? The only new album I've been into is the Wino solo record, definitely better than anything he did with The Hidden Hand (aided in no small way by Jean-Paul Gaster's outstanding drumming). Just got the new Absu, gonna see whats up with that cuz it's been getting rave reviews. Otherwise I mean the new Kreator was weaksauce, 16's comeback album on Relapse hasn't compelled me much, Napalm Death was good but not something to go nuts about. What should I get hip to in the new year?

powerslave_85 02-19-2009 04:36 PM

Propagandhi. [I]Supporting Caste[/I] comes out on March 10, and it's out-fucking-standing. Already an early candidate for album of the year in my book. It's punk rock, but they have a metal edge to some of their riffs (the intro to "Dear Coach's Corner" is some of the best thrash I've heard in a while, even though it only lasts a few seconds). They also write unbelievable lyrics. Definitely worth checking out.

I also liked the new Cattle Decapitation.

mankvill 02-19-2009 04:47 PM

These are the albums I've picked up so far:

Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos
Cattle Decapitation - The Harvest floor
Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague
Napalm Death - Time Waits For No Slave

I like them all a bunch, but I think Cattle Decapitation is the best so far. I keep coming back to CC and ND, though.

DethMaiden 02-19-2009 06:43 PM

The new Kreator is not very good. There's like nine more albums I need to check out but I think they all come out next month.

SomewhereInTime72 02-19-2009 07:00 PM

Hordes of Chaos is awesome, all of you die.

edit: I don't really know any currently out albums I'm interested in, but I can't wait for the new My Dying Bride that comes out next month.

Maiden33 02-19-2009 08:31 PM

The only thing I've really heard from this year yet is the new Vision Divine album, "9 Degrees West of the Moon". Pretty damn disappointing since Fabio Lione is back on vocals instead of the phenomenal Michele Luppi.
Without access to a computer of my own I've been kind of out of the loop, I'll be catching up in a few weeks.

Spiral_Slave 02-20-2009 06:07 AM

[QUOTE=SomewhereInTime72;203355]Hordes of Chaos is awesome, all of you die.[/QUOTE]

:fist:

JuuKun 02-20-2009 08:53 AM

Listening to the new Dark Moor album Autumnal right now. What I've heard so far is pretty good.

The new Adagio, Archangels In Black, is good too. Kreator's latest is pretty good too.

Can't wait for May and God Dethroned's PASSIONDALE! :party:

Spiral_Slave 02-20-2009 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=JuuKun;203373]Listening to the new Dark Moor album Autumnal right now. What I've heard so far is pretty good.

The new Adagio, Archangels In Black, is good too. Kreator's latest is pretty good too.

Can't wait for May and God Dethroned's PASSIONDALE! :party:[/QUOTE]

I really like Autumnal. It took a few listens to grow on me but my favorite songs are definitely Faustus and Phantom Queen.

Sinfulsot 02-20-2009 01:21 PM

Chimaira has something coming out in April...