WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Album Reviews (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9634)

b_halperin 02-03-2009 06:25 AM

Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague

I don't have time to write a long review right now but I'd like to open this CD up for discussion. In a few words, I think this CD retains Corpse's brutal sound while adding new aspects such as I think better lyrics and the songs run smoother. You really should check this disc out, it does not dissapoint.

b_halperin 02-03-2009 04:07 PM

Cannibal Corpse has never failed to impress, if impress is the right word. In Cannibal Corpse's vocabulary, impress means to blow your fucking brains out!! In my opinion this is the best disc they've ever released. Many believed [I]Kill[/I], their 2006 album, was the most brutal to date. Evisceration Plague proves that there is always room for more blowing brains out. The Godfathers of Death Metal in no means sell out on this album. They start off with a bang (Priests of Sodom), and definetely do not end with a heartwarmer (Skewered from Ear to Eye). I personally think this is their best disc, the only competition being their 1992 masterpiece [I]Tomb of the Mutilated.[/I] What can you say other than that they lived up to there expectations and never comprimised, for who are the Godfathers of Death Metal.

Rating (Out of 10): 9/10
Key Tracks: Evisceration Plague, Evidence in the Furnace, Scalding Hail
[I]In Cannibal Corpse's Vocabulary, impress means to blow your fucking brains out!![/I]

Butcher of Birth 02-15-2009 07:33 AM

I loved the new album. I still like KILL just alittle bit more, but not by much. Whole album is GREAT! A Must Buy!

mankvill 02-15-2009 08:14 AM

I like this album and Kill about the same. However, I think Evisceration Plague is more heavy. I'm more likely to circle pit to Kill, but more likely to headbang to EP. :rocker:

Butcher of Birth 02-15-2009 12:16 PM

[QUOTE=mankvill;203013]I like this album and Kill about the same. However, I think Evisceration Plague is more heavy. I'm more likely to circle pit to Kill, but more likely to headbang to EP. :rocker:[/QUOTE]

I love how both Records open solid. Man, this band shows no sign of slowing even after 20 years. I can't wait check them out on the new tour.

MetalIsArt 03-09-2009 07:08 AM

Despite all trends, this band has sold many records by making brutal death metal. Deep respect! :rocker:

GWAR654 04-14-2009 09:01 AM

one of corpses best cds ever. Shows that they are still the best death metal band out there. I sure cant wait till april 18th to see them live!!!

Natrlhi 04-16-2009 01:20 AM

[QUOTE=GWAR654;208149]I sure cant wait till april 18th to see them live!!![/QUOTE]

...and again on 7/26 at the Mayhem Fest...ya greedy bastard! :D :rocker::rocker: :party:

Wizzbang11 04-17-2009 08:46 PM

This was an awesome record. Wasn't really a fan of Kill, I thought this one was on par with Wretched Spawn (which is their best I think since Vile).

bunghole 04-17-2009 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=MetalIsArt;204823]Despite all trends, this band has sold many records by making brutal death metal. Deep respect! :rocker:[/QUOTE]

to be fair though, they were in Ace Ventura. that definitely brought the band some notoriety