WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Boston, MA -- January 18th, 2009 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9549)

andrew_metalhead 01-18-2009 06:28 PM

Metallica -- Boston, MA -- January 18th, 2009

Source: Friend in Boston

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Harvester Of Sorrow
For Whom The Bell Tolls
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
...And Justice For All
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
-----------------------------
Stone Cold Crazy
Hit The Lights
Seek And Destroy

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD 01-19-2009 12:13 AM

redemption!

I hadnt seen these guys since that turd carnival otherwise known as the black tour in Dec of 91 at the Centrum. hadnt heard any of the new album. The first 2 songs were actally pretty damn good.
I didnt see the Sword, but Machine Head were a dissapointment, espceically when you consider that Rob and Phil were once in the legendary VIO-LENCE!
Anyway,
Some cool songs I was psyched to hear like HARVESTOR OF SORROW, AND JUSTICE FOR ALL, BATTERY and HIT THE LIGHTS! I saw these guys 2x in 86 and 2x in 89 and they never played that song!!
I could have done without nothing else matters and the tease of FRAYED ENDS OF SANITY before plodding into a queen cover :axe:
but overall a good show!

MetalIsArt 01-19-2009 03:50 AM

That Queen song is one of the best songs ever :bouville:

Axis_Of_Metal 01-19-2009 05:49 AM

[QUOTE=HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD;201133] VIO-LENCE!
[/QUOTE] :rocker:

MetalIsArt 01-19-2009 06:53 AM

^Yeah, that's a good band :agree::dance::flame:

Fadetoblack237 01-19-2009 08:38 AM

I actually thought that machine head was pretty good last night I really did not like the sword... I thought they were pretty bad TBH. Overall the show was awsome just wish they played Ride The Lightning

metalrulez 01-19-2009 08:56 AM

metallica

never saw metallica before. but i was impressed. what struck me was the fact that there were no video screens or cheesy props. it's just a few hours of metal and your total focus is on the band and the music. no other distractions. i thought the death magnetic balloons at the end was a nice touch. they were impressive.:blaze:

TonyD 01-21-2009 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD;201133]I hadnt seen these guys since that turd carnival otherwise known as the black tour in Dec of 91 at the Centrum. hadnt heard any of the new album. The first 2 songs were actally pretty damn good.
I didnt see the Sword, but Machine Head were a dissapointment, espceically when you consider that Rob and Phil were once in the legendary VIO-LENCE!
Anyway,
Some cool songs I was psyched to hear like HARVESTOR OF SORROW, AND JUSTICE FOR ALL, BATTERY and HIT THE LIGHTS! I saw these guys 2x in 86 and 2x in 89 and they never played that song!!
I could have done without nothing else matters and the tease of FRAYED ENDS OF SANITY before plodding into a queen cover :axe:
but overall a good show![/QUOTE]
So you like Death Magnetic better than the Black Album?

ADD 01-21-2009 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=TonyD;201292]So you like Death Magnetic better than the Black Album?[/QUOTE]

Way better :cool:

TonyD 01-21-2009 07:19 PM

Maybe I'm crazy then.