WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Oakland, CA -- December 20th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9455)

andrew_metalhead 12-20-2008 09:23 PM

Metallica -- Oakland, CA -- December 20th, 2008

Source : Friends in Oakland

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
All Nightmare Long
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
-------------------
Last Caress
Whiplash
Seek And Destroy

rjturtle9 12-20-2008 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=andrew_metalhead;199091]Source : Friends in Oakland

So far ..

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
All Nightmare Long[/QUOTE]

i think it's safe to say that the day that never comes and master are next

andrew_metalhead 12-20-2008 10:25 PM

[QUOTE=rjturtle9;199101]i think it's safe to say that the day that never comes and master are next[/QUOTE]

yup! and im sure #16 will be Last caress. Just waiting for #13 and #17

rjturtle9 12-20-2008 10:56 PM

man i wish we would have gotten for whom the bell tolls in la.

that and FUCKIN FADE TO BLACK :flame: :mad: :grrr: :angry: :pissed: :nag: :wallbang: :foaming:

andrew_metalhead 12-20-2008 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=rjturtle9;199108]man i wish we would have gotten for whom the bell tolls in la.

that and FUCKIN FADE TO BLACK :flame: :mad: :grrr: :angry: :pissed: :nag: :wallbang: :foaming:[/QUOTE]

yeaaa .. at least Lars fulfilled my wish of Metal Militia for 30 seconds :D

rjturtle9 12-20-2008 11:11 PM

[QUOTE=andrew_metalhead;199109]yeaaa .. at least Lars fulfilled my wish of Metal Militia for 30 seconds :D[/QUOTE]

haha yeah that was kinda kool. wish they had played the whole thing though

andrew_metalhead 12-20-2008 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=rjturtle9;199111]haha yeah that was kinda kool. wish they had played the whole thing though[/QUOTE]

if they play it tonite i'll be so pissed :flame:

ADD 12-21-2008 12:35 AM

Well they fuckin started to play Metal Militia and I got all excited, but then of course they go into Last Caress :rolleyes: Major bumsesh. Good show overall though, they came out absolutely on fire the first 4-5 songs, then it really started to lag. The middle of the setlist desperately needed something old/fast to mix things up. 4 black album songs is also 4 too many. And to put it very plainly, Lars Ulrich is not a professional-caliber drummer. End of discussion.

On the positive side, CREEPING DEATH! BLACKENED! WHIPLASH!!!!!!! They also came out at the end and gave Lars the whole pie/confetti shower treatment cuz its his birthday on the 26th, and they all addressed the hometown crowd in a nice sign of appreciation. Crowd was very enthusiastic especially for the newer songs which was probably very rewarding for Metallica to hear and see that response. Cool laser show too, the round stage is also an interesting twist and the band really use it to their advantage in interacting with the crowd.

Overall, they sure ain't High On Fire but they're still an act worth seeing these days :cool:

hot_turkey_ed 12-21-2008 08:15 AM

I skipped this show. I have lost almost all interest in Metallica. I enjoyed the new album briefly but any renewed infatuation quickly wore off. There is just too much other metal on my radar for this blip to get noticed anymore.

Jdog 12-21-2008 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=hot_turkey_ed;199134]I skipped this show. I have lost almost all interest in Metallica. I enjoyed the new album briefly but any renewed infatuation quickly wore off. There is just too much other metal on my radar for this blip to get noticed anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well....do you think you'll be missed??