WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Metallica -- Seattle, WA -- December 1st, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9345)

andrew_metalhead 12-01-2008 08:33 PM

Metallica -- Seattle, WA -- December 1st, 2008

Source: metontour.com

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Creeping Death
Harvester Of Sorrow
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Wherever I May Roam
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Die, Die My Darling
Motorbreath
Seek and Destroy

mankvill 12-01-2008 11:21 PM

They're running out of shit, haha

ImmortalEmperor 12-02-2008 10:15 AM

Well, I feel like we drew the short(est) straw here in Seattle. In my opinion, way, WAY too much black album material coupled with not nearly enough songs from the first three albums. This was my first Metallica show since the 80's and ultimately, after a fairly strong start, I'd have to say it was a disappointment. Aside from Motorbreath :rocker: (my favorite Metallica song and, amusingly, one that it seemed like very few in the crowd even knew), there weren't any surprises in the setlist. This was probably the worst set since the opener in Phoenix. I know, I know - they have to play the black album for all of the newer fans who have made them into millionaires. And I really shouldn't be bitter about it - after all I knew what I was getting into - but seeing some of the setlists that were posted from around the country, I had allowed myself to dream about the old days with Cliff. Those days are over and I'll just have to stick with my memories. Some positives though - some of the new songs sounded really good to me (I don't own the album), great audience interaction from the band, and the crowd (a majority of whom said it was their first time seeing the band) were really into it. Cheers to the new fans, and I freely admit I'm in the minority on this one, but one from RTL :bouville: and two from MOP :mad: (by far their best album) just doesn't get the job done in my book.

sixhundredand66 12-02-2008 10:37 AM

if they don't play Motorbreath when i see them I'm gonna be pissed.

andrew_metalhead 12-02-2008 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=ImmortalEmperor;197514]Well, I feel like we drew the short(est) straw here in Seattle. In my opinion, way, WAY too much black album material coupled with not nearly enough songs from the first three albums. [/QUOTE]

Sad has been played 15 times in 16 shows so far and Roam 14 times. So you were not the only one :) And I thought you were lucky to get 3 songs from Justice. I don't think any other show has got that many from Justice .. so far at least.

I wouldn't mind if they replace both Sad and Roam with one instrumental. Any one of Anasthesia, Ktulu, Orion, To Live Is To Die or S&R.

metalmilitia54 12-02-2008 06:48 PM

Fuck! I'm seeing some consistent setlists from them as far as arrangement goes but I'm liking what they're playing. I still don't see "Fade to Black" that much.

When they come to San Diego and LA, there'd better be Creeping Death, Blackened, Battery and Four Horsemen somewhere in those two shows!