WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Melvins -- Hollywood, CA -- November 29th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9343)

ijwthstd 12-01-2008 05:19 PM

Melvins -- Hollywood, CA -- November 29th, 2008

MELVINS @ TROUBADOUR
11/29/08

01. Nude With Boots
02. Dog Island
03. Dies Iraea
04. Civilized Worm
05. The Kicking Machine
06. Eye Flys
07. Suicide In Progress
08. Billy Fish
09. Tipping The Lion
10. Revolve
11. Blood Witch
12. Rat Faced Granny
13. The Hawk
14. You've Never Been Right
15. My Generation
16. A History Of Bad Men
17. The Star-Spangled Banner (a rather straight reading)
18. Boris
19. Okie From Muskogee

I wasn't going to go this show but I got a MySpace bulletin by the Melvins on Friday inviting me to a "Pancake Mountain TV Dance Party" they were playing the next day at the Troubadour at 5. I had no idea what it was all about but it was free so I signed up. I thought there would be a lot of people since they always sell out regular shows at the Troub. But it turns out Pancake Mountain is a children's TV show and the only people in attendance were about 10-12 little kids, their parents and me.

Got to watch a 20 min soundcheck while the kids were being entertained in the front bar, then saw the Melvins do karaoke (I Wanna Be Sedated) with a puppet named Rufus then another 20 min inside consisting of some instrumentals, The Kicking Machine (twice), what may have been a Pancake Mountain theme song and Nude With Boots. All the little kids were dancing onstage while the Melvins played.

Quite possibly one of the more bizarre gigs I have ever seen in my life.

Since I was already there (and getting there is always takes the most effort) I decided to stick around for the evening show which was well worth the $20.

Boris was absolutely epic and for the second half the song the bass player was in the crowd with both a blonde wig and a buckskin jacket over his eyes just slowly staggering around and into people while spewing out disjointed harmonies. It was the last song on the printed setlist and the 2 drummers left while Buzz went into a droning version of Okie and Dale returned to the stage holding a hoola hoop the kids were playing with earlier and hoola hooped to the song at center stage.

DethMaiden 12-01-2008 06:32 PM

Pancake Mountain Dance Party.

:eyes: :wtf:

rjturtle9 12-01-2008 06:42 PM

why is this here???? :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

SomewhereInTime72 12-01-2008 06:48 PM

Weird, huh. :eyes:

Skinny Juice 12-01-2008 07:32 PM

Bizarre

I could only imagine King Buzzo and Co. dancing around a children's TV show. My goodness, that must have been a spectacle to see. Pretty good set too.

mankvill 12-01-2008 09:28 PM

Fucking awesome. Nude With Boots is great.

MetalIsArt 12-02-2008 04:57 AM

LULZ

causeofdeath 12-02-2008 02:52 PM

weirdest thing ive ever heard