WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM

WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM (http://www.metalsetlists.com/index.php)
-   Set Lists and Gig Reports (http://www.metalsetlists.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   In Flames -- Tempe, AZ -- November 24th, 2008 (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=9313)

maidenpriest 11-24-2008 11:19 PM

In Flames -- Tempe, AZ -- November 24th, 2008

Pretty good show. The gear truck didnt even arrive in phoenix until like 8 30 cause it broke down so we had to wait til like 9 20 for the show to start. ATR didnt play since their singer lost his voice. Didnt like 36 Crazyfists. Gojira kicked major ass.

Now In Flames...sound was the best ive seen at the Marquee. Jester Race Medley was easily the highlight of my show along with Cloud Connected. However, they took out Pinball Map...:mad: and Sleepless Again which i didnt care about due to the damn truck. . Anders also started to lose his voice throughout the show, didnt affect his singing too much but he def cut down on the speeches. In general, very good show but as more of a older In Flames fan i was disappointed in the setlist.

I'm the Highway
Vanishing Light
The Mirror's Truth
The Hive
Satellites and Astronauts
System
Alias
Eraser
Delights and Angers
Disconnected
Cloud Connected
Jester Race Medley
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Trigger
Take this Life

andrew_metalhead 11-24-2008 11:21 PM

oh man! 9 20?? sucks! so when did the show finish?? And looks like In Flames cut off some songs because of the late start I guess

maidenpriest 11-24-2008 11:32 PM

ended at like 12 30. wasnt a late finish but 36 crazyfists and gojira both cut their sets to like 4-5 songs. and i think it was a combination of the late start and anders voice getting shot as to why they took out Pinball Map.

andrew_metalhead 11-24-2008 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=maidenpriest;197122]ended at like 12 30. wasnt a late finish but 36 crazyfists and gojira both cut their sets to like 4-5 songs. and i think it was a combination of the late start and anders voice getting shot as to why they took out Pinball Map.[/QUOTE]

oh man ..tough luck..
we got full sets in the LA show .. 36 were good .. Gojira and ATR were awesome too! I wish you had at least gotten the full Gojira set.

renegadeaven 11-25-2008 12:13 AM

T'was a good show. There was quite a bit of lip synching by Anders. I noticed that whenever he moved the mic away from his mouth he was lip synching.

I fucking hated waiting nearly 3 hours after doors for the show to start, though.

HugeRockStar 11-25-2008 02:37 PM

I don't think he's lip synching. He does play to a backing track though of his singing vocals and he tries to trick the audiance by putting the mic away from his face so they hear more of the backing track than they do him which is pretty lame but his singing is still in the mix. The last few times I've seen them you can't even hear his singing vocals anymore they turn him down and you hear the crowd sing along more than him.

renegadeaven 11-25-2008 04:30 PM

I didn't mean that he was lip synching the whole time, or even primarily. I meant that during those sections he was.

b_halperin 11-25-2008 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=maidenpriest;197120]ATR didnt play since their singer lost his voice. [/QUOTE]

that was the main reason why I didn't like ATR that much when I saw them 2 days before you did. The singer was losing his voice halfway through the set. :(